Dhana is a Partner in Winckworth Sherwood’s Private Business and Wealth Team. She advises UK and non-UK clients on international tax and estate planning. Dhana has significant experience in the private client and wealth management sector, working with high net worth and ultra high net worth individuals, family offices, entrepreneurs, corporate and owner-managed business.
Dhana was featured in this year’s Citywealth Leaders List, and has also been recognised by Eprivate Client and Legal 500.
- Advising individuals ceasing UK residence (including relocation advice) and pre-UK residence tax planning
- Advising on and drafting documents for offshore structuring (trust, foundation and private trust company structures) for tax, asset protection and succession purposes.
- Advising individuals and offshore trustees on the Finance Bill 2017 tax changes effective from 6 April 2017 as well as the implications of FATCA and the Common Reporting Standard (CRS)
- Advising on SDLT, Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED), ATED related gains and Non Resident CGT rules in respect of high value UK residential property and de-enveloping property owning structures.
- Advising entrepreneurs on restructuring their business prior to potential exit
- Complex Will drafting for international couples, in particular to incorporate US and UK tax planning
- Advising on HMRC enquiries and compliance checks
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Society for Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
2017 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2012 to 2017: Associate then Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
2010 to 2012: Senior Associate, Harbottle & Lewis
2009 to 2010: Solicitor, Burges Salmon
2005 to 2008: Trainee Solicitor then Associate, Clifford Chance