Daniel provides tailored, commercial advice throughout the employment relationship, to both individuals and organisations. His practice includes a balance between non-contentious and contentious work and his experience varies from consulting with clients on service agreements in financial services and private equity contexts, to conducting litigation in the Employment Tribunal.
In addition to litigation, Daniel enjoys assisting clients in exploring alternative means of dispute resolution, such as mediation and arbitration. He has obtained a number of attractive bespoke settlements for clients in a range of sectors, including banking, global logistics and data analysis.
Daniel also enjoys problem-solving in partnership and LLP contexts, particularly in the professional services sector. His advice ranges from facilitating swift and civil departures to guiding clients through complex team moves and cases of the most serious discrimination, harassment and bullying. Throughout, he works with partners and partnerships to understand their unique businesses and form effective strategies.
- Negotiating a six-figure settlement for a senior director of a multinational company.
- Advising employers on the handling of potentially contentious dismissals, having regard to commercial and reputational issues.
- Obtaining a favourable settlement for an employee in the financial services sector amidst allegations of misconduct with potentially significant regulatory implications.
- Arranging an innovative deferred package for a departing employee, allowing a victim of discrimination to continue to work pending their decision as to whether to remain in role or take a five-figure sum.
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Employment Lawyers’ Association
- Association of Partnership Practitioners
2016 to 2018: Trainee Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2018 to 2020: Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2020 to present: Associate, Winckworth Sherwood