Conor carries out a variety of contentious and non-contentious work for developers, contractors, sub-contractors, registered providers and local authorities. Conor works closely with our social housing, property, and development lawyers and specialises in both large-scale developments and dispute management.
Recent contentious experience:
- Acting for a registered provider in a claim for defective cladding and fire-stopping works valued at circa £7 million, as well as a claim for indemnity against the new homes insurer.
- Acting in the TCC for an employer in a successful claim against the guarantor of an insolvent contractor responsible for defective works valued at £2.6 million with a capped guarantee.
- Acting in an adjudication for a contractor successfully defending an extension of time and loss and expense claim (including issues relating to the validity of payment notices) by a sub-contractor of circa £800,000.
- Acting for a sub-contractor successfully settling a claim in a payment dispute relating to the scope of works and final account valuation.
- Advising on early termination of JCT design and build contracts, consultant appointments and trade contractor appointments (including for insolvency) as well as the practical steps thereafter.
Recent non-contentious experience:
- Advising on and negotiating amendments to a JCT design and build contract and side agreement for the second phase of a development of circa 550 residential units in South West London.
- Advising on construction arrangements in place on a project on which our employer client was seeking to raise development finance of circa £20 million (including establishing an SPV, reviewing and novating the building contract and consultant appointments and providing third party rights to the funder).
- Advising on the construction aspects (including due diligence) in a corporate disposal of a 50% interest in a joint venture SPV company midway through a development in central London.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on the marketability of consultant appointments, trade contractor appointments, deeds of novation, bonds, guarantees, collateral warranties and third party rights notices.
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Society of Construction Law
2016 to 2018: Trainee Solicitor, Winckworth Sherwood
2018 to present: Associate, Winckworth Sherwood