Charlie specialises in property development and regeneration projects for private and public sector housing providers. He provides clients with advice and guidance on all aspects of site assembly, land acquisition, onward disposals and lettings for residential and mixed use schemes. He has particular experience in advising housing associations on development and other property-related transactions, including consortium agreements, funding and grant agreements, local authority nomination agreements and joint ventures.
His background in commercial property means he also advises private and public sector clients on a variety of commercial property transactions, acting for both landlords and occupiers.
- London & Quadrant on the purchase of the residential quarter of a £150m mixed use regeneration project in Colindale for its development and sale in joint venture with Development Securities
- Affinity Sutton on the multi-phased purchase from Crest Nicholson of 199 affordable housing units within an HCA owned development in Milton Keynes
- Sovereign Housing Association on a series of LLP joint ventures with David Wilson Homes for the redevelopment of Sovereign-owned sites, and sale back of affordable housing
- Vista (the Hermes/Countrywide PRS fund) on the forward purchase of a 164 apartment build to rent development in Manchester
- Swan Housing on the acquisition and development of a site in Barking town centre for 274 apartments, including a lease back of ground floor commercial space to the Council
- On the acquisition by Thames Valley Housing Association of adjoining sites in Bracknell under a pioneering joint venture arrangement with the local authority using the LAFLA model
Law Society of England and Wales
2010 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2007 to 2009: Partner, Bevan Brittan
2000 to 2007: Solicitor then Partner, Devonshires
1994 to 1999: 1994 to 1999, Articled Clerk then Solicitor, Ashurst Morris Crisp