Blair is a Partner in the employment team who advises businesses and senior executives on all aspects of employment and partnership law.
He is a highly pragmatic lawyer who focuses on getting the best outcomes for clients in all situations and on providing excellent value.
He is described by clients in the Legal 500 2019 as “calm, professional and unbelievably intelligent”.
Blair acts for numerous corporate clients, from multinational companies to owner-managed businesses. He advises them on restructuring and redundancy exercises, performance and conduct issues, discrimination, internal investigations, international secondments, senior level recruitment and terminations, restrictive covenant enforcement and litigation in the Employment Tribunal and the High Court.
He has worked with many private equity and venture capital investors to advise them on employment and shareholder issues within portfolio companies.
He has considerable experience of working internationally, project-managing large-scale restructuring exercises across Europe and Asia, working closely with trusted advisers outside the UK.
- Advising a multinational company on the settlement of claims of sex discrimination and unfair dismissal
- Advising a private-equity backed restaurant chain on litigation strategy in relation to Employment Tribunal and High Court proceedings
- Advising a global manufacturing client on a number of Employment Tribunal claims
- Advising a global professional services firm on a dispute with a senior employee
- Advising a director of a multinational company on a departure strategy that protected his entitlement to a seven-figure bonus
2019 - present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
Tuesday 3rd March 2020 | Start: 12.30pm | Finish: 1.30pm
Managing Partner Wellbeing & Ill Health – A One Hour Guide for Law Firms
The partnership model of old – an equal partnership with loyal longstanding clients – has all but gone. In a modern law firm reward and status of partners or LLP members is often based on client originations and billings, with …
Wednesday 29th January 2020 | Registration & refreshments: 6.00pm | Start: 6.30pm | Finish: 7.30pm
New Year, New You?
This event will give you the chance to ask all those burning questions about how to successfully “adult” in both your work and home life on topics including employment, personal assets and getting married. “I’m getting married for the first …
Winckworth Sherwood, Minerva House, 5 Montague Close. London SE1 9BB