Anita is Partner in the Employment team, advising on the whole spectrum of employment issues to businesses ranging from thriving start-ups to global subsidiaries and listed companies, as well as to senior executives and founders. This gives Anita a unique insight into both sides’ perspectives and priorities and enables her to devise powerful tactical strategies to achieve her clients goals. Anita has worked closely with clients in most sectors including finance, technology, pharmaceutical, construction, media and retail.
She is particularly known for dealing with complex high level issues at board level and tricky exits where she adopts a commercial no-nonsense approach. She is a formidable and intuitive negotiator.
Anita swiftly builds solid trusted relationships with people and is often told by clients that she is in their top ten speed dial numbers! She also has extensive experience of advising on restrictive covenants and team moves, as well as thorny discrimination and dismissal issues.
A regular commentator on newsworthy issues, Anita also writes punchy user-friendly articles for HR Magazine, Changeboard, CIPD and the Square Mile.
- Acting for a multi-billion dollar Hedge Fund Manager in relation to tricky exits, bonus disputes and potential discrimination issues
- Advising an international pharmaceutical company on long term sickness dismissals, associative discrimination issues, harmonising terms across various countries and large scale restructuring
- Acting for a global actuarial company on a complex cross border race discrimination issue
- Advising a global market intelligence company on a potential high value PHI claim and a high risk exit of an employee with bipolar disorder
- Acting for a GC of a large gambling company on his exit which involved arguments on unfair exercise of discretion in relation to share awards, race discrimination and whistleblowing
- Acting for the family office of a high net worth individual and dealing with sensitive employment disputes across his large team of domestic staff
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Employment Lawyers Association
- The Sorority – exclusive private members club for inspiring women
2016 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2010 to 2016: Partner, Taylor Vinters LLP
2007 to 2010: Senior Associate, Fox Lawyers
1998 to 2006: Associate, Vizards Wyeth