Andrea heads our Education team, specialising in strategic projects and public private partnerships.
- Advising local authorities and Registered Providers of Social Housing on a number of complex procurement issues relating to land and development schemes.
- Acting for Hertfordshire County Council on their Children’s Home and Family Support Centres PFI, which involved both new build and refurbishment works at 14 sites across the county
- Also acting for Hertfordshire County Council as well as 2 foundation schools in the east of the county in the relocation of 2 schools to a green belt location, including dealing with the arrangements for the sale of the existing schools sites to a residential developer
- Acting for a number of Dioceses and School governing bodies across Greater London and the South East
- Acting on behalf of an SPV consortium in the outsourcing of the whole of a number of universities’ student accommodation portfolios, which involved complex public/private sector joint venture arrangements, private sector investment and new build works
- Acting on a complex leasing structure between a London Borough and a private sector SPV focussing on delivering homeless accommodation as part of a “temporary to permanent” housing scheme
Law Society of England & Wales
2006 to present: Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
2002 to 2006: Partner, Finers Stephens Innocent
2001 to 2002: Solicitor, Bevan Ashford
1997 to 2001: Solicitor, TLT Solicitors
1991 to 1997: Trainee then Solicitor, Norton Rose