Join our Schools HR team for an informative discussion about staff sickness absence management in schools post Covid-19 and why it is important to resume absence management processes and have those difficult conversations now.
Whilst we are not yet fully back to ‘business as usual’ post pandemic, we are certainly learning to live with it and operating in a new ‘normal’. The pandemic took a toll on schools and school leaders in particular, with normal school operations taking a back seat to other areas of priority such as the ever changing government guidance on reopening schools, to lateral flow testing, vaccinations and teacher assessed grades. The result is that issues concerning employee relations that would ordinarily have been dealt with as a matter of course, for example sickness absence, were suspended and in most cases have not yet been resumed. Added to this, the emergence of ‘long Covid’ has further complicated the issue of effective sickness absence management.
Our Schools HR – Managing staff sickness absence in Schools post Covid-19 webinar will cover:
- Importance of policies and effective management of sickness absence;
- The definition of disability under the Equality Act 2010;
- The different types of disability discrimination claims;
- Managing the OH relationship and getting the most from your referral;
- The duty to make reasonable adjustments;
- Dealing with ‘long Covid’ cases and pay entitlements under Burgundy Book/Green Book;
The webinar is aimed at school leaders and line managers, as well as HR professionals who advise within the education sector.
The webinar is free to attend. Please contact email@example.com if you have any queries.