There is no denying that Covid19 and the myriad of ever-changing government guidance has placed significant pressure on schools and school leaders during this time. Not only are they faced with the normal business of running a school and managing staff, added to this is the requirement to operate in a Covid-19 secure environment, ensure compliance with latest government guidance and deal with pressure from the unions. This may mean that normal internal processes such as absence management have been suspended or overlooked, or that school leaders are uncertain about how to deal with staff that may be disabled, as defined in the Equality Act 2010, during these unprecedented times.
Our ‘disability discrimination and the additional challenges of Covid-19 from an HR perspective’ webinar will cover:
- The definition of disability under the Equality Act 2010;
- Managing the OH/GP relationship and getting the most from your medical expert;
- Staff mental health and new disabilities in the time of Covid19;
- Sickness absence management during Covid19;
- Duty to make reasonable adjustments;
- Associative discrimination.