Winckworth Sherwood’s Education Team hosted a webinar in September 2020 aimed at helping admission officers, headteachers, governors and trustees plan for changes to admissions arrangements in 2022. The session also covered how to make variations to determined admission arrangements.
You can now watch a video of the session or listen to the podcast below.
The School Support team provided an overview of the key things you need to know about the process, including some of the common pitfalls including:
- Who’s responsible for determining admission arrangements
- How admission oversubscription criteria are set
- The deadline for setting admission criteria
- Changing admission arrangements: the duty to consult
- How to consult on admission arrangements
- Sixth Form admission arrangements
- DfE consultation on a revised version of the School Admissions Code
Please click here for an update on the ongoing consultation on the Admissions Code and an update from the Department for Education regarding summer born children.
If you would like a copy of the slides or have any queries regarding admissions or any other schools matter please contact the School Support team on firstname.lastname@example.org or you can find out more about the School Support Service in this brochure.